What are the key differences between commercial and residential moves?
NYC Movers & Packers also specializes in commercial moves and relocations. These are completely different from residential moves because they require more planning, preparation, and specialized expertise. Our New York commercial movers help companies plan and execute their relocation efforts with as little disruption to their daily operations as possible. Furthermore, an efficient commercial move minimizes the loss of productivity that results from too much downtime.
Here are three primary differences between commercial and residential moves in NYC:
- Commercial moves involve more planning and preparation whereas residential moves are relatively simple in comparison.
- Commercial moves involve transporting electronic equipment and large office furniture unlike residential moves that involve moving certain valuables such as laptops and TV’s.
- Commercial moves may require transporting sensitive files and materials
At NYC Movers & Packers, our New York commercial movers have been skillfully trained in all facets of office relocations and know how to handle heavy pieces of office furniture and equipment.
How much will it cost to move your office?
As with residential moves, there are certain factors that will influence the cost of an office relocation such as the cost of the facility, the distance of the move, how much furniture and equipment are being moved, and the time of year. Now that you have a basic idea of the factors that can affect the cost of a commercial relocation, here are some cost scenarios to consider (keep in mind that some of these costs might apply to you, while others won’t):
- Moving a 1,500 sq. ft. facility will cost anywhere from $1,000 to $4,500 based on the amount of disassembly and reassembly required as well as the equipment, furniture, and workstations involved.
- Moving a 3,000 sq. ft. facility will cost anywhere from $1,500 to $8,000 based on the same factors as above.
- Moving a 10,000 sq. ft. facility will cost anywhere from $5,000 up to $30,000 or more based on the same factors as in the first scenario above.
The best thing you can do is to start planning and preparing for your office move as soon as possible as commercial relocations are much more complex than moving your household. We understand that it is a massive task to take on but our crew is ready to shoulder the responsibility of the move, if you decide to work with us. We have helped innumerable business move to new locations and would be happy to help you develop your moving plan, if requested. To learn more about our New York commercial movers handle office relocations contact NYC Movers & Packers at (833) 257-3391 or visit our website by clicking here.