What should you consider when hiring a full-service moving company?
Once you’ve made the decision to hire a moving company, it’s important to focus your research efforts on choosing the best cross-country movers services in New York. Naturally, you’ll want to make a well-informed decision rather than just calling the first company you find in a Google search. Here are some important factors to think about before making that decision:
- Ask family members and friends for recommendations
- Find out the approximate date that you can expect your furniture and belongings to arrive at your new home
- Get several in-home estimates (NYC Movers & Packers recommends comparing the costs of 5 or 6 companies)
- Inquire about liability insurance and costs
- Make sure that the companies you interview are fully bonded, insured, and licensed (you can find this information by visiting the Federal Motor Carrier Administration of the US Department of Transportation)
- Read reviews about the companies you’re considering
In addition to the Federal Government’s laws and rules that apply to cross-country movers’ service in New York, there are other regulations that require moving companies to perform certain services. Be sure that you inquire about this before making your decision. Our team of business representatives can help you
What is the cost to move cross-country?
The cost to move cross-country depends on several factors including the amount of furniture and belongings, the cargo weight, the moving services you require, the number of helpers needed to assist with the move, and the time of year. As a result, you can expect to pay anywhere $1,500 to as much as $10,000 or more for a cross-country move. For example, long-distance moves of 1,000 miles will cost:
- $1,000 to $2,000 for a studio or small 1-bedroom apartment
- $2,500 to $4,000 for a 2-bedroom home
- $6,500 to $9000+ for a 4-bedroom home
Keep in mind that the above costs are based on national averages and that your cost could vary. For additional information regarding our services as cross-country movers in New York, contact NYC Movers & Packers and speak with a relocation specialist today. Call us now!